[Serusers] Ser configuration question

Chris Caviness ccav at cavtech.com
Thu Jan 2 04:12:18 CET 2003

Hi,

I have a fixed IP assigned from comcast.net as 68.34.193.70, dns reverse
resolve is pcp667462pcs.indpnd01.mo.comcast.net. On this address I'm running
a freeBSD server with named. I've registered my domain as cavtech.com, and
set this server as it's primary DNS. My DNS resolves cavtech.com as
68.34.193.70, as well as it's hostname of ctimain. I've added a CNAME in the
DNS pointing ser.cavtech.com to ctimain. I've also added the _SIP:_UDP SRV
entry to point to port 5060.

I've added the following to the ser.cfg:

alias="ctimain.cavtech.com"
alias="cavtech.com"
alias="ser.cavtech.com"

I've set up MySQL and ser starts normally.

My goal is to have windows messenger authenticate with my server as an
additional communication server.

My question deals with the www_authorize call. Do I put in the reverse dns
hostname from comcast.net or do I put in "cavtech.com". Likewise when I set
up WM, do I put in "cavtech.com" or "ctimain.cavtech.com" or
"ser.cavtech.com" or the actual revdns hostname? I understand that the realm
column in the MySQL subscriber base must match whatever host name is
correct.

I have an additional sipsak problem but I'll wait for the answer to this to
see if that problem persists.

Thanks.