[Serusers] postgres db support

Nils Ohlmeier nils at ohlmeier.de
Thu Feb 27 21:34:27 CET 2003

Hi Greg,

On Thursday 27 February 2003 21:15, Greg Fausak wrote:
> Has anybody started on support for Postgres?
I'm not aware of any.

> I've checked out the layering and it seems
> to be a fairly modular project.  I haven't coded
> in C for quite some time, but I think I can handle
> it.  Any hints?  Should I even try?
I think the DB interface should be clean enough. So give it a try. If you
encounter any problem just ask.

> The only thing I can see having problems with is
> the build/configure system.  How do I hook in a new
> module?  How are include directories and new libraries
> added?  I was pretty good with make, gmake, imake in my day
> but I can't seem to find the head of the Make tree!
Just create a new directory in modules Directory and copy a Makefile from the
other modules (mysql for example) and change the NAME parameter within this
Makefile. Then your new module will be build automaticly on 'make all' or
'make modules'.

Greetings
  Nils