[Serusers] Redundant forwarding

Jamin W. Collins jcollins at asgardsrealm.net
Mon Feb 24 00:30:37 CET 2003

On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 09:43:24PM +0100, Jiri Kuthan wrote:
> At 10:56 PM 2/21/2003, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
>
> > That seems to be almost what I'm after. However, I would rather not
> > alter the original URI at all.  I simply need to forward the
> > connection to one of two different servers.  If I'm reading that VM
> > example right, it's altering the URI for each step.
>
> Then don't alter the URI it in your script. Let me know if it works
> for you now.

It's something of a catch-22.  If I use a stateless forward, the server
that it's forwarded to sees the connection as originating from the
actual phone's IP.  If I use a stateful forward, the connection is seen
as coming from the SER server itself, and as a result the audio path
fails.  For the stateful forward to work, I believe I would need the
phones to register their presence with the SER server, right?

Is there a way to configure it so the phones are not required to
register with the SER proxy?

--
Jamin W. Collins