[Serusers] On CVS, Radius and Generally SER Status (2003/II)

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Mon Feb 24 00:24:53 CET 2003

I'm observing increasing number of downloads from CVS and would
like to issue few disclaimers to prevent any disappointments.
The CVS code is work in progress -- it has not been integrated,
tested, it is not complete and we cannot provide help on
incomplete software.

Also, folks should know that compilation of one of the most
frequently asked features, Radius support, is disabled on
purpose. It is an external contribution which deserves
a clean-up, we are working on it but we are not there yet.

My previous forecast for the upcoming release is turning out to
be too optimistic. We decided to carry out some more clean-ups
and the work takes time. Anyway, we think it is better to
clean up now than later -- interest in ser is growing, and
we need to keep the codebase sane despite all the new features.

-Jiri