[Serusers] Absorbing provisional responses

Sebastien Pierre sebastien.pierre at sxb.bsf.alcatel.fr
Fri Feb 21 11:48:45 CET 2003

Hi all,

This message is somewhat related to a preceding one (Simple SER Use
Case), because I realised I did not ask the right question.

Here it is: I want to make a proxy that will try to locate the callee by
sequentially trying n different UA, by sending an INVITE and waiting for
either OK or timeout to occur. On timeout, the proxy will try the next
UA.

The detail here is that the proxy sends a "100 Trying" to the caller
*before* contacting the various UA, and that *no more* "100 Trying" are
forwarded by the proxy, which absorbs those responses from contacted UA.

Jiri indicated that the configuration presented in
<http://www.iptel.org/ser/doc/seruser-html/x510.html#AEN616> realised
the scenario I was mentioning... but it seems to me that the proxy does
not send and then absorb "100" responses, but rather relays this

Is it possible to do this with SER ?

TIA,

  -- Sebastien