[Serusers] Some thoughts and questions

Tomas Björklund tomas at webservices.se
Tue Feb 18 22:35:52 CET 2003

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Jiri Kuthan wrote:

> At 12:07 PM 2/18/2003, Tomas Björklund wrote:

> >.2.     Rewrite rules
> >
> >        Is it possible to rewrite the from uri?
> >
> >        For example when I [sip:tomas at krixor.xy.org] want to call a pstn
> >        number I must rewrite the from address to
> >        [sip:myphonenumber at krixor.xy.org] before I send the request to
> >        the pstn gateway
>
> That is quite tricky -- it is close to protocol breaking. The From header
> field has been designed read-only in SIP. Nevertheless, this application
> has been already asked for. I wrote a short text on how to do that for
> those who wish to do so.
> http://cvs.berlios.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ser/sip_router/doc/tmemo/tmemo-jiri-sat.txt?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

I'm beginning to see why this is a pain to do :)

Got it working 'kinda', the problem is not to change the From: adress but
to actually change it back when sending messages to the originating UA.

Do you have any example configuration for SER to do this? It looks like
you've done som testing in the area ? This is a feature
many people (anyone with a pstn-gateway) could use.

Something like a './serctl enum add phonenumber sip-user[@domain.com]'
that gets added to the sql database would be nice.

And a flag(X) to trigger the translation if the invite is coming
from/going to the pstn gateway.

/ Tomas