[Serusers] Testing SER

Jan Janak J.Janak at sh.cvut.cz
Tue Feb 11 11:05:36 CET 2003

Hello,

On 11-02 15:59, Jaime Hemmett wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I installed SER,   I have started the services.
>
> I haven't set up the mysql part yet, I wanted to test it working at all.
>
> With bone phone I have tried connecting but gotten:
> "java.net.BindException: Address already in use"

  This probably means that the server is listening on <your_ip>:5060 and the
  bonephone tries to bind the same IP adress and port. Try to change
  port number either in ser or in bonephone so the server and the client
  will use different port numbers.

> The SER documentation makes out that SER can be used without the mysql
> parts to make calls with microsoft messenger > version 4.6  ut I've been
> unable to connect with this either.

  mysql part of ser is used for authentication and user location
  persistence only. It means if you don't use mysql, ser will still work
  but you must have authentication turned off (which is default)
  and after reboot of the server registered users will be gone (which
  means that they will have to re-register).

  The server will work even without mysql. What is the problem ? Could
  you send us more information ? Network dumps would be very useful, you
  can make them using ngrep utility for example.

    Jan.