[Serusers] Re: RESOLVED - nathelper / calling UAs behind symmetric NATs

Thilo Salmon salmon at netzquadrat.de
Mon Dec 29 18:57:37 CET 2003

The UA in question is indeed a Grandstream phone and I have not seen any
others showing this behaviour. On a quest for such agents you can
probably skip any agents without STUN support, I guess. Afaik, that does
not leave you with too many options. I personally only know about
Grandstream, X-ten and Snom. If you know others, I would be very
interesting to learn which ones.

On a side: A good start would also to avoid symmetric NATs. I would love
to compile a list of routers which operate symmetric NATs to tell my
customers to avoid them. I tried a number of residential routers, but
all of them did some sort of coned NAT. Who could name symmetric NATs?

Thilo