[Serusers] rtpproxy - python version

Darren Nay dnay at libertyisp.com
Fri Dec 19 22:41:05 CET 2003

Hey All,

I've just installed the python version of the rtpproxy, but it won't startup.  I have followed all directions in the README file for install to the letter.  The system is a Sun Netra 1400 running Solaris 9 (sparc).  I am using Python v2.2 with the Optik module installed.

The errors that I am receiving are:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "rtpproxy.py", line 19, in ?
    import rtphandler
  File "rtphandler.py", line 8, in ?
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/asyncore.py", line 51, in ?
    import socket
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/socket.py", line 41, in ?
    from _socket import *
ImportError: No module named _socket

I get this same thing if I call the script from /etc/init.d/rtpproxy start .. or just ./rtpproxy.py from the app directory.

Unfortunately I am rather unfamiliar with Python so I'm stumped at the moment.  I'm a perl guy... :)

Any assistance would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,
Darren Nay - dnay at libertyisp.com