[Serusers] failure route and ERROR: t_should_relay: status rewrite by UAS: stored: 408, received: 487

Alan Crosswell alan at columbia.edu
Fri Dec 19 20:58:32 CET 2003

I'm trying to do failure route to voicemail (which is working) but this
error is logged:

ERROR: t_should_relay: status rewrite by UAS: stored: 408, received: 487

I googled this and see that this came up last in October
(http://lists.iptel.org/pipermail/serusers/2003-October/002921.html) but
I don't see any evidence of a solution in the thread.

I suspect mine is the same problem as I have two UAs registered so the
initial dset is two places and then the append_branch on timeout is just
the voicemail uri.

BTW, I am doing this with asterisk for the usual DTMF access reasons
(altough I haven't yet figured out how to map sip:alan at columbia.edu to
DTMF.  Maybe I'll have to give up and do numeric mailboxes:-(
I am rewriting with a prefix of "vm*u" before punting over to asterisk
which has
exten => _vm*u.,1,Wait,1
exten => _vm*u.,2,Voicemail(${EXTEN:3})
exten => _vm*u.,3,Goto(#,1)

Any pointers would be appreciated.  My not-yet-complete ser.cfg is
attached (not yet punting voicemail for unregistered subscribers; just
registered subscribers who time out the invite).

/a