[Serusers] SER and Vovida Call Forward Question

Mark Wehberg mark.wehberg at clearviewcatv.net
Fri Dec 19 19:16:50 CET 2003

Hello,

I am receiving calls from Vovida in SER.  I want to forward the call
back to Vovida for a call forward application.  I can do this using 2
Marshal Servers or by a stateless Redirect.  Redirect doesn't work for
me b/c I want to keep track pf the call and if the called party doesn't
answer I want it to go to voicemail.

If I attempt to forward the call back to the original Vovida Marshal
Server,  the Marshal Server detects that it is already in the via and
drops the packect sending a "482 Too Many Hops" message.  Any
suggestions?

Call Flow

Doesn't work

GW --- Vovida MS A   --Invite------> SER

             Vovida MS A <------Invite-SER

Works

GW --- Vovida MS A   --Invite------> SER

             Vovida MS B <------Invite-SER

Works

GW --- Vovida MS A   --Invite------> SER

             Vovida MS B <------Redirect "302 Temporarily Moved" -SER

So, If there was a way to get SER to initiate a new invite to the call
forwarded destination, that is what I think would be the correct way.  I
think this is how Asterisk does it from a call forward perspective.

Thanks in advance,

Mark