[Serusers] SER supported feature list

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Fri Dec 19 06:13:26 CET 2003

Jiri Kuthan writes:

 > Both is possible, I just happen to like end-device-driven identity
 > better. The architectureal principal which applies is the end-to-end
 > principle, which advices to leave burden away from network. One
 > could introduce network-driven anonymization, but that would take
 > a b2bua, i.e., more software to buy and maintain, more scalability
 > issues (session state must be remembered), etc.

unfortunately the phone law in finland dictates that the user must have
the right to ask the network to block his/her callerid at least for
those calls that end up in pstn.

fortunately this is easy to do in ser and we have done it long time
ago.  the trick is to add rpid header to the invite request that has
privacy=full parameter.  in our case this is configurable by the user
himself per phone number uri.

 > >>Yes -- we block requests from source causing annoying traffic.
 > >
 > >Is caller blocking system wide or configurable per user?
 >
 > System-wide.

again, in our case, caller blocking is configurable per user based on
information we get from radius.

 > >>phone feature

this is what i'm currently working on, i.e., per user per uri network
based call transfer (unconditional, busy, no answer and unavailable).

-- juha