[Serusers] Using asterisk as a voicemail server with SER

Samy Touati samy at tunix.com
Thu Dec 18 22:39:30 CET 2003

Hi,

I saw messages complaining about no email addresses (even if there was
one). I saw some postings about this topic and multi-domain, but I
only have one domain, beside this message appear after a while.
I'm going to upgrade to 0.8.12 and redo more tests.

But the main issue in my opinion is the lack of IVR to retrieve the
messages without using a computer.
I'm trying to see if asterisk can support acting as a media server
only. I want to have ser the sip proxy server where all the phones
register with and asterisk being  only the voicemail where calls get
forwarded to from ser when there is failure or the user is  busy.
I don't know if it's feasable, according to what I see so far it
doesn't look like it support this kind of config. Can you confirm this?

So I'm left with not much option here if I want to have IVR support
for voicemail:

* Try to implement it in sems, what is your estimate on the complexity
of this task, do you have any suggestions on tacking this task ?

Thanks.

Samy.