[Serusers] SER supported feature list

Hernandez, Cesar chernandez at vds.ca
Thu Dec 18 00:06:11 CET 2003

I agree that features are not the only thing to look at for decision-making.
The purpose for this table is to have a compiled list of SIP proxy specific
features that are already available in SER (maybe it can be added to the SER
admin manual), and have an idea of what may need development if required.

>>* Private number (permanent Caller-ID blocking):
>A way I do maintain privacy is I use a stupid user id
>(You certainly know how much identity is dislocsed if you
>send from mr_goerge_w_bush at hotmail.com....)

Sure, but this may not be possible if some sort of authentication is
required. Isn't this better handle on the SIP proxy server?

>>* Caller blocking:
>Yes -- we block requests from source causing annoying traffic.

Is caller blocking system wide or configurable per user?

>>* Call Transfer:
>phone feature

Don't the SIP proxy needs to support the SIP REDIR too?

>>* Support for call time limit:
>call-limitation is part of separate software

Is there software already available or are you just saying that this will
need to be developed as separate software?

>>* Redundant server configuration:
>available as separate software

Again is there some software developed for SER or are you thinking about
clustering software and/or making usage of DNS SRV resource records which
will provide some kind of redundancy?

Thanks, your input was appreciated.
-Cesar