[Serusers] Problems with Grandstream budgetone and handytone

Andres andres at telesip.net
Wed Dec 17 22:40:59 CET 2003

On Wednesday 17 December 2003 15:36, Maxim Sobolev wrote:
> Folks,
>
> It is not really ser-specific problem, but I think that it is a good
> place to ask. We are having problems with getting BT/HT working with our
> system - phones with firmware versions 1.0.4.26 and 1.0.4.17 don't send
> ACK for final 200 OK if the in-band alerting (183 session progress) is
> enabled in the remote UA. Can somebody confirm this problem? And it
> seems that version 1.0.3.81 is OK, but unfortunately there is no way to
> perform firmware downgrade.
Hi Maxim,

We have not tested against "183 Session Progress", but we can tell you this:
1.  GS Firmware above 1.0.4.18 misbehaves when sending ACK for final 200 OK
when SER server is on other port besides 5060.  The GS phone seems to always
send back the ACK to port 5060 even thought it is not even used on the
server.
2.  We have downgraded/upgraded several times between versions 1.0.4.18 and
above with the same results.
3.  We have contacted Grandstream support about this but so far they have not
provided a fix.

Regards,
Andres