[Serusers] SER supported feature list

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Wed Dec 17 21:41:37 CET 2003

At 09:19 PM 12/17/2003, Hernandez, Cesar wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I’m compiling a table of features supported in SER, such table will be helpful to compare SER capabilities with other SIP proxy servers.

Keep in mind that's a hard job. Some of the features may be
end-device feature and some may have different mimics than
you would expect. Also, it is not only specific telephony
features which matter: importantly, there are things such
as operational characteristics (performance, scalability)
and ability to introduce new features and integrate with web.

>* Private number (permanent Caller-ID blocking):

A way I do maintain privacy is I use a stupid user id
(You certainly know how much identity is dislocsed if you
 send from mr_goerge_w_bush at hotmail.com....)

>* Caller-ID blocking per call (like Bell *67):

see above, a phone may maintain multiple identities, one of
them less informational than the other one.

>* Caller blocking:

Yes -- we block requests from source causing annoying traffic.

phone feature (see for example www.iptel.org/tt/ for such a phone)

>* International routing dial plan:
>* Least-cost routing:

all trivial config options

>* URI/Phone manipulation: Yes
>* Find-me parallel calling: No

find-me is built-in (known under the SIP term "parallel forking")

>* Find-me consecutive calling: No

unavailable now

>* Call Transfer:

phone feature

>* Conference Calls (3-way calling): Yes
>* NAT STUN: Yes

just for sake of clarity: we have a STUN impelmentation,
but it is separate from SER

>* Billing Flat-file CDR: Yes
>* Authentication: Yes
>* Authorization: Yes
>* RADIUS authentication/Authorization: Yes
>* RADIUS accounting: Yes
>* Support for call time limit:

call-limitation is part of separate software

>* ENUM support : Yes
>* IM&P (Instant Messaging and presence): Yes (2G/SMS, SIMPLE/XMPP Jabber)
>* WEB Provisioning Interfaces: Yes
>* Programming interface to remotely provision from an OSS system (add/remove/modify user/settings):

provisioning available as command-line or web tools

>* Programming interface to remotely modify system settings from an OSS system (routing rules, gateways, etc.):

available as server configuration options

>* Redundant server configuration:

available as separate softwarea

>* Call return (like Bell *69):
>* Call screening:

see missed calls and click-to-dial in SERweb

>* MWI (SIP NOTIFY):

not now

-jiri