[Serusers] Debug information

Nils Ohlmeier nils at iptel.org
Tue Dec 16 20:53:22 CET 2003

On Tuesday 16 December 2003 20:39, Rick Gocher wrote:
> Hi,  please accept my apologies for asking the same questions.  I have read
> through the sip tutorial, faqs and other docs with little success.  In my
> ser.cfg I have uncommented these lines below (www_autorize) and once again
> get unauthorized user when attempting to register with the ATA and Xten.  I
> have placed coptalk.com and sip.coptalk.com in the auth area of ser.cfg
> with the same results.  In addition, I have tried changing my UID on the
> ATA from Rick, to Rick at coptalk.com and Rick at sip.coptalk.com, all with bad
> results.  When I do a serctl show Rick it returns the following;
> +----------+------------------+-----------+---------------------+
>
> | username | domain           | grp       | last_modified       |
>
> +----------+------------------+-----------+---------------------+
>
> | Rick     | sip.coptalk.com | free-pstn | 2003-12-07 16:56:29 |
> | Rick     | sip.coptalk.com | local     | 2003-12-07 16:07:13 |
>
> +----------+------------------+-----------+---------------------+
>
> This means there is a user named Rick and he should be able to register,
> right?

First of all serctl has no command 'show <username>'. From the output i guess
you ran 'serctl acl show Rick'. But this is something completly different,
and thus the output above does not mean that you are allowed/able to register
with your server.
Unfortunately there is no serctl command to check if the user is available in
the subscriber table. Thus you have to check by hand in the mysql database
for the user Rick. Maybe the output of the mysql command 'select * from
subscriber where username=="Rick";' can bring some light into your problems.

Greets
  Nils