[Serusers] zone file for enum

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Tue Dec 16 20:23:32 CET 2003

At 03:46 PM 12/16/2003, Greg Fausak wrote:
[...]
>Anyway, I have my e164 stuff in DNS and ready to test.
>
>I've got a request uri, and it does not have the
>leading '+' sign.  I am going to use enum for some
>internal routing.  Ultimately I'll try to interconnect
>with other sip domains.
>
>Can enum do a lookup on the current uri without the
>leading '+' sign?  Will this do the trick?

The ENUM module takes only URIs with leading +, numbers in it,
length >2 and < 17. You can normalize numbers to this form
as you suggest. For example, that's what I do to make sure
that phones without + can live with it too...

if (uri =~ "sip:[+*#][0-9]+@") {
        # normalize prefixes
        strip(1);
        prefix("+");