[Serusers] SIP Express Router

Daniel-Constantin Mierla Daniel-Constantin.Mierla at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Mon Dec 15 18:04:53 CET 2003

Hello,
comments inline.

On 12/15/2003 5:53 PM, NTX Technology wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are trying to install and test your Sip Express Router.
>
> Environment:   Redhat Linux 8.0 with mysql server running.
>
> I downloaded the rpm packages
>
> 1. ser-0.8.12-0.i386.rpm,
> 2. ser-0.8.12-0.src.rpm,
> 3. ser-jabber-0.8.12-0.i386.rpm,
> 4. ser-mysql-0.8.12-0.i386.rpm,
> 5. ser-radius-0.8.12-0.i386.rpm.
>
> from the ftp site. I, then, installed 1'st, 3'rd and 4'th
> packages. when i try to restart theserver, from the terminal window
> again, 'stopping ser :  [FAILED], Starting ser: [OK]' message appears.
> but wheni  run the terminal window, and check teh status of the ser
> server, it gives the following message. 'ser dead but subsys locked'.

Try also with 'ps auxw| grep ser' to see if some SER processes are running.

> when i try to run the configuration file, /etc/ser/ser.cfg, it says
> permission denied..

How are you trying to run configuration file?

> Also, when i try to run ser_mysql.sh, using  /usr/sbin/ser_mysql.sh,
> everything works fine. But when i run /usr/sbin/ser_mysql.sh create,
> to create a database, it asks for 'MySql password for root:'. Is it
> the root passsword for the system or the DEFAULT_PW or RO_PW (given in
> ser_mysql.sh). after its asks for the domain or realm, the following
> error message appears.

If you dont have any root password for MySQL server, then just press ENTER.

> '/usr/sbin/ser_mysql.sh: line 1: gen_ha1: command not found
> HA1 calculation failed'

I guess /usr/sbin is not in your system PATH. Either edit ser_mysql.sh
and put there a complete path to gen_ha1 (/usr/sbin/gen_ha1) or add
/usr/sbin to PATH environment variable.

> Also, i installed mysql server after installing the packages described
> above.  will it be the cause of the issue ?

Not really, but when you have installed ser-mysql it should have
complained about mysql-devel package.

.Daniel