[Serusers] budgetone -> ser -> asterisk

Muhammad Nasim muhammad at telappliant.com
Thu Dec 11 22:04:51 CET 2003

I have a budgetone behind nat it registers with ser fine. I can make a call from it to another non nat budgetone fine.

In the following scenario

budgeton(no nat) -> ser -> asterisk -> ........, things work fine

However in the following scenario

budgeton(nat) -> ser -> asterisk ->....., asterisk cannot authenticate the forwarded messages from ser

If I remove the authentication requirement from asterisk there is no problem.

Is there a problem with forwarded authentication when the phone registered with ser is behind nat?

Muhammad Nasim
TelAppliant Ltd
Tel: 020 7740 3492
Int: +44 20 7740 3492
Main: 0845 004 4040
Fax: 0845 004 4040
www.telappliant.com

TelAppliant is the UK's provider of IP telephony solutions for small and medium-sized businesses

The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying or distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.