[Serusers] Totally lost! proxies, firewalls, gateways, etc, etc, etc ...

Pablo Murillo ser at rednet.com.ar
Thu Dec 11 21:20:12 CET 2003

Hi

I'm totally lost
I have ser working very well (at least, I think so), with ans_machine
(sems), varius exec_dset, numbering, etc, etc, etcBut I Don't know (or
found) how to solve the "connectios" troubles

For example:

Two devices (hard/soft phone) with public IP, NO PROBLEM, works OK
On device with public, one with private IP, works some times, NOT allways
Two device with private IP, never work :(

I know where is the problem (IPs), but I don't know where to find a "soft"
solution or a "hard" solution, NOT to expensive

Stun server
Vovida: I don't like product without docs
Some knows other STUN server ?

RTP_proxy:
I can't understand how it works :(
I tested with nat, but I can't understand how it's work
For example, how can I choose who will need to use nat helper and who not ?

I don't know what other solutions are there

Ideas ?

Thanks in advance
Pablo Murillo