[Serusers] BUG

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul pelinescu-onciul at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Thu Dec 11 15:06:29 CET 2003

On Dec 10, 2003 at 19:10, Greg Fausak <lgfausak at august.net> wrote:
> I am seeing this in my log, just before a restart.
>
> Dec 10 18:52:23 rave ser[22096]: BUG: tcp_main_loop: dead child 1
> Dec 10 18:52:23 rave ser[22096]: BUG: tcp_main_loop: CONN_RELEASE

It's harmless. The tcp part notices some of the processes died, but this
can happen during a normal restart (depends on how the signals get
delivered).
I've just forgot to remove this message.

> this is 0.8.11, I've never had an error before, had two restarts
> today.  I guess I need to try a newer version?

You should if you use tcp, but you will still get this messages, unless
you use the latest rel_0_8_12 cvs (I've just removed the message).

Andrei