[Serusers] response port..?

Bernie Hoeneisen bhoeneis at switch.ch
Thu Dec 11 10:11:55 CET 2003

Hi!

According to the standards, this depends on the Via header field entry,
which the User Agent is inserting to the REGISTER request. Responses are
routed according to the topmost Via header field (every SIP hop removes
its own Via header field entry). So if the User Agent has inserted a
different port to its Via header field, e.g. something like

         REGISTER sip:registar.xyz.ch SIP/2.0
         Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 130.59.6.181:8888
         From: ...

The response will be sent to port 8888

If no port is specified, the default port (5060) will be used.
I assume, that in SER it is implemented according to the standards.
Or am I wrong...?

cheers,
 Bernie