[Serusers] Re: Xten-RTPProxy choppy audio

Klaus Darilion darilion at ict.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Dec 10 18:22:04 CET 2003

Short summary:

Maxim's rtpproxy and x-light causes problems as x-light sends RTCP
messages which will result in ICMP error messages as rtpproxy doesn't
support RTCP. This causes x-light to create a new RTP session (new ssrc,
seq-nr) and produces choppy sound.

Solutions:
1. use Adrians RTP proxy as it supports RTCP
2. extend Maxims rtpproxy to support RTCP

3. THE EASIEST SOLUTION: Update X-light to version build 1095. This
version ignores ICMP errors and works fine (on my PC)!

regards,
Klaus

PS: nevertheless build 1095 (as 1088) is IMO buggy as it doesn't
register to my default proxy, but to all other configured proxies. Any
solutions?