[Serusers] simply moving rewritehostport location we get 481 on disconnect

Nils Ohlmeier nils at iptel.org
Fri Dec 5 21:14:07 CET 2003

On Friday 05 December 2003 20:56, Glenn Dalgliesh wrote:
> Below are 2 example sections of ser.cfg and the only difference it moving
> the rewritehostport from route[0] default to route[1]. This seems to cause
> issues with the BYE messages. When I have it in route[1] the call doesn't
> hang-up correctly and I see the 481 when looking at ngrep. From what I can
> make out from the docs both should be valid methods of sending call to the
> PSTN.  Please help me understand the fault in my logic. The reason I am
> trying to track this issue down it that in my more complex configs with all
> of the possibilities it would be nice to be able to include certain
> function in route sub routines.
>
> Thanks
>
> See Capture1 below for ngrep port 5060 capture of config in example 1
> See Capture2 below for ngrep port 5060 capture of config in example 2

From the network dumps i guess the more interesting part of your config is
above uri==myself statement. Because the BYE from your gateway contains a
Route HF which is considered in case 1, but seems to be ignored in case 2
(llok at the different request URI's and destination IP/ports).

BTW you first receive a 482 and not 481, which is correct because in case 2
you send the BYE back to where it comes from. This is a clear sign for a
faulty config :-)

Regards
  Nils