[Serusers] Re: SER & ASterisk /new subject/

Geert Nijpels nijpels at euronet.nl
Thu Dec 4 22:47:39 CET 2003

Olle E. Johansson wrote:

> Geert Nijpels wrote:
>
>> Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>>

>>> With the risk of being bashed on this list, I would propose that you
>>> use Asterisk
>>> as a PBX. It can register to SER, it's not a full-featured SIP proxy
>>> as SER, but
>>> have the functions you need on the PBX level. Voicemail,
>>> conferencing, call groups
>>> and a lot more. SER and Asterisk is a good combination in the
>>> scenario you describe.
>>

>> Maybe this is a stupid question, but would it be possible to use SER
>> and Asterisk together to provide (group) call-pickup functionality? I
>> know Asterisk can do it, and I know SER can't do it.
>>
>> Maybe forking the INVITE to both the user and Asterisk?
>
> Interesting question. Who's picking up? SIP users on SER or extensions
> on Asterisk?
>
> /O

Well I guess with a ser proxy in the network you don't want to register
with asterisk. Maybe a call can be placed in a hold queue in asterisk
and when a special extension is called, this can be catched with ser and
maybe a REFER (ctd.sh?) request can be generated to asterisk?

Probably my imagination has gone wild:)

Geert