[Serusers] REGISTER from SER

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Thu Dec 4 18:19:55 CET 2003

Greg,

it would be possible with some shell script magic. It is possible to
send a REGISTER message using the fifo interface.

Before we dig into into it, let me ask what is the reason for doing
something like that ? Can't you simply forward the SIP messages from
GATEWAY to PBX and if PBX is off or crashed then the GATEWAY will send
"Request timeout" to the PSTN (instead of 404) ? Or am I missing
something ?

  Jan.