[Serusers] Problem creating mysql database

Nils Ohlmeier nils at iptel.org
Thu Dec 4 16:01:08 CET 2003

On Thursday 04 December 2003 15:53, Franz Edler wrote:
> > From: Nils Ohlmeier Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 3:29 PM
> > It is a dependency for the ser-mysql rpm, so i guess yes. In that case my
> > only assumption is that for some very strange reason /usr/sbin/ is not
> > included in your PATH.
>
> Indeed, it is was not included. I now added /usr/sbin/ into PATH.
> But when calling now 'ser_mysql.sh create' after input of root-password and
> domain I get now:
> ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'root at localhost' (Using password: YES).

You wrote, that you entered your root Password at the password prompt. This is
probably not correct, because normaly the MySql root password is different
then the login password for root. On a fresh SuSE Mysql installation i gues
it is empty (just hit return), which is a real security problem.

Regards
  Nils