[Serusers] REGISTER from SER

Greg Fausak lgfausak at august.net
Thu Dec 4 04:59:33 CET 2003

Hello,

I have a SER server, it has 2 phones
registered to it.  The phones are 300000
and 300100.  The registration works fine, and
I can place calls between them.  I am calling this
my 'PBX'.

I have another SER server that can connect to
a PSTN.  I can register my phone number with it,
and I can make and receive calls from the PSTN.
Let's say that phone number is 2145551212 at addaline.com.
I'm calling this my 'GATEWAY'.

OK, here is the tricky part.  I would like to make
the SER 'PBX' *REGISTER* 2145551212 at addaline.com with
the SER GATEWAY ... just like
it is a UA.  So an incoming call to 2145551212 would
get delivered to the SER PBX, and I'll figure out which
extension gets the call with local rules.  For very
simplistic delivery at the PBX I can alias 2145551212 as
300000.

If the PBX crashes, or is turned off, the 2145551212
registration will eventually evaporate.

Anyway, I can't figure out anyway to get SERPBX to register
with SER GATEWAY.

Is this possible?

---greg