[Serusers] NatHelper & Portaone RTP Proxy

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul pelinescu-onciul at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Tue Dec 2 23:35:33 CET 2003

On Dec 02, 2003 at 17:10, Darren Sessions <dsessions at ionosphere.net> wrote:
> Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but is the typical setup for Nathelper and
> Portaone RTP proxy work on seperate servers with dual network cards?

No. nathelper use unix sockets to communicate with rtprpoxy so they must
be located on the same box (ser runing nathelper and rtproxy).

Also it is better to run/configure them on only one interface (to avoid
 packets with different source address than the destination of the intial
 packet going back to the nat).

>then
> talking to another SER box doing registrations and call routing? and the
> Portaone RTP taking the voice packets?

Andrei