[Serusers] SER version question

Nils Ohlmeier nils at iptel.org
Mon Aug 25 22:45:55 CEST 2003

Hello,

On Monday 25 August 2003 22:41, Nell Bolen wrote:
> Question 1: If I want to install the tar.gz, do I delete the current rpm
> version first or just write over? If delete first, clues for a method to
> do that would be appreciated. Know where most of the rpm ser files
> are, but not for sure. Just stop the current ser and then delete its
> files and other references to it elsewhere?

i'm sorry to say that, but you should know rpm better if you use a rpm-based
distribution. A look into the man page of rpm ('man rpm') should should you
that you should use 'rpm -e ser' to remove the installed Ser from your
system.
You should defiantly first remove the rom, before you install from a tarball,
because they have different default pathes compiled in.

> Question 2: While looking over tarball files, I saw more than once
> references to a second auth module that I cannot find anywhere in
> tarball -- has to do with databasing, something like auth_db.so or
> something like that. Is that module no longer needed, and if it is
> needed, what does it support/enable and where to find it?

auth_db is a new layer in Ser 0.8.11 with sits between the auth module and the
used database module. You need it, and it will be compiled by default if you
compile from a tarball. You will find the source at
sip_router/modules/auth_db/

Regards
  Nils