[Serusers] SER version question

Nell Bolen nell at plank-road.com
Mon Aug 25 22:41:11 CEST 2003

Hello Serusers,

A few days ago, installed SER and some addons on a linux 686
using rpms for 386. Seems to work okay. Also serweb pages seem
to be working.

However, today, in someone's list post, there was a link to a "tarball"
directory. After looking through there, I see that the ser rpm brings
fewer modules along, and of course also, is not as up to date as the
tarball tar.gz-.

Question 1: If I want to install the tar.gz, do I delete the current rpm
version first or just write over? If delete first, clues for a method to
do that would be appreciated. Know where most of the rpm ser files
are, but not for sure. Just stop the current ser and then delete its
files and other references to it elsewhere?

Question 2: While looking over tarball files, I saw more than once
references to a second auth module that I cannot find anywhere in
tarball -- has to do with databasing, something like auth_db.so or
something like that. Is that module no longer needed, and if it is
needed, what does it support/enable and where to find it?

Thank you once more for your help -- Nell Bolen

Web Classic Design
Webhosting, Design, Programming, Maintenance
Contact WCD:
Phone: 1-866-800-5117 (Toll Free)
Email: info at webclassicdesign.net
On the World Wide Web