[Serusers] Latest STABLE build without using CVS

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul pelinescu-onciul at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Fri Aug 22 16:10:44 CEST 2003

On Aug 22, 2003 at 09:25, Jitender Arora <jarora at aastra.com> wrote:
> Thanks ...
>
> I have Sun,Ultra2 Machine.....
>
> Here is the version Info
> home/jitender % version
> Machine hardware:   sun4u
> OS version:         5.7
> Processor type:     sparc
> Hardware:           SUNW,Ultra-2

Please send me also the output of uname -s and uname -m (uname -m should
return sun4u, but it seems it doesn't).

> Now the SER is build o.k , but i am not able to build other modules as
> during the Linking Time , i get some errors ,
> that it is not able to find some symbos , which are being used

This are all symbols from ser. The modules link flags are bad.

Try adding ARCH=sparc64 & OS=solaris. If you still have problems, send
 me the compilation output (I want to see the "linking line" especially,
  the last gcc line when compiling a module).

You can try just:
gmake ARCH=sparc64 OS=solaris modules=modules/textops modules
 -- to test-compile just one module; if it works recompile the whole ser
 this way:
gmake proper; gmake ARCH=sparc64 OS=solaris all
 and drop me an email.

Andrei