[Serusers] Proxy Server and DNS

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Thu Aug 21 11:01:00 CEST 2003

At 10:46 AM 8/21/2003, giAndrea wrote:

>Hi to all
>
>I've read SIP Introduction manual and i have a question about the proxy server usage.
>
>On the example how the DNS Server return proxy.b.com for SIP address bob at b.com?

If you wish to have b.com served by proxy.b.com, you need to maintain proper DNS
SRV entry. Example:

jiri at fox:~$ host -t srv _sip._udp.iptel.org
_sip._udp.iptel.org     SRV     0 0 5060 sip.iptel.org

Multiple domains' SRV entries can point to a single server, that's how
domain hosting works.

>Suppose I have a proxy configured for 2 domain (ex. foo.bar and foo2.bar). The proxy server address is sip.bar; suppose that a user A with sip address userA at foo.bar would he likes to call user B with address userB at foo2.bar, how have i to configure my ser.cfg?????

See previous discussion about multidomain support. ("Multiple domain registration in ser v.0.8.11 - documentation.")

-jiri