[Serusers] radius error

Alexander Mayrhofer axelm at nic.at
Fri Aug 8 12:00:16 CEST 2003

Hi,

one thing strikes me:

You are using "test" as User-Name in your raddb file:

> test    Auth-Type := Digest, User-Password = "test"
>       Reply-Message = "Hello, test with digest"

But your authentication request uses a full SIP URI ("sip:test at myhost")
as User-Name:

> >>Thread 3 handling request 2, (1 handled so far)
> >>       User-Name = "sip:test at myhost"
> >>       Digest-Attributes = "\n\034sip:test at myhost"

So maybe (i have no experience with freeradius) your radius daemon just
does not find the user's name in the raddb file?

I think you either need to do some rewriting, or (just for testing) you
need to add the full User-Name to your raddb, e.g.

> sip:test at myhost    Auth-Type := Digest, User-Password = "test"
>       Reply-Message = "Hello, test with digest"

or probably just

> sip:test    Auth-Type := Digest, User-Password = "test"
>       Reply-Message = "Hello, test with digest"

if freeradius does strip away the realm already.

cheers

axelm