[Serusers] Fwd: Re: AW: AW: [Sipping] FYI: RADIUS & SIP

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Thu Aug 7 19:47:39 CEST 2003

Dear SER users,

I would like to collect feedback on use of RADIUS with SIP.

There is a concern in the IETF that RADIUS is not good enough
for accounting due to its lack of reliability. On the other hand,
use of RADIUS for us has been one of the most frequently asked
SER features.

Can people with hands on real deployments share their experience
with me? I'm interested in aspects like how the missing reliability
has been stressing your operation, how much they are interested
in fixing it, and what kind of fixes they would welcoyme (transition
to Diameter? adding fail-over capabilities?)

-Jiri