[Serusers] Does SER support run-time configuration?

Maxim Sobolev sobomax at portaone.com
Tue Aug 5 22:03:00 CEST 2003

Kevin Chu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does SER support run-time configuration? For example, can we modify
> the routing logic (like changing the destination to different PSTN gateway)
> at run-time without restarting SER or effecting the ongoing sessions?

No, it doesn't per se, but you can arrange something like that by
placing routing decision on some third-party, for example we are using
radius server for this (propiertary extension). I believe that it is
also possible to do it with the help of database. In any case it is
trivial to write a module which will take original uri as a parameter
and rewrite it ising information from some external source such as a
database.

-Maxim