[Serusers] Big thanks from SIPphone...

Michael Robertson michael at lindows.com
Tue Aug 5 06:04:31 CEST 2003

Later this week, we're going to announce SIPphone to the press. Our goal
is to bring SIP to the masses by offering an ultra easy, ultra low cost
experience. Basically, we want to handle all the heavy lifting for
consumers and just give them a plug n play experience using a SIP phone.
They plug in, get a dialtone, make calls. Our goal is to unleash a few
million SIP users because that's when it REALLY gets interesting.

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank Jiri and the rest of the crew
at Iptel because without them it would not have been possible. We have a
commercial relationship with Iptel (we're paying them money), but they
helped us out long before we were paying them to and their value far
exceeds the sum we've paid them. They've helped us troubleshoot
problems, get up to speed on the technology (read: answer dumb
questions) and listened to our needs.

We wanted to let others on this list know how grateful we are to Iptel
for their software and assistance and for ultimately making SIPphone
possible!

If anyone wants to call me and talk and hear me praise Iptel in person,
my number is:
    SIP: 1-747-474-1001
All SIPphone users begin with 747 which happens to spell SIP. Look for
SIPphone.com web site to go live in the next couple of days.

And of course all SIPphone users can call Iptel users by dialing
1-393-<IPtelnumberhere>.

-- MR