[Serusers] ser support IPv6 ?

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul pelinescu-onciul at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Mon Aug 4 13:56:46 CEST 2003

On Aug 04, 2003 at 20:46, Yoshiharu Maekawa <maekawa at cd.jp.nec.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > On Aug 01, 2003 at 12:21, Yoshiharu Maekawa <maekawa at cd.jp.nec.com> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have installed ser-0.8.11pre29-1.i386.rpm on Linux PC.
> > > I added IPv6 global address to the interface on Linux PC.
> > > Now, I just only started ser.
> > >
> > > I cannot see IPv6 address and port with netstat command.(see bellow)
> >
> > By default ser does not listen on any ipv6 address. You have to
> > explicitely specify the ipv6 addresses on which it will listen (either
> > add -l ipv6_address to the command line or listen= ipv6_address1
> > ipv6_address2  to the ser.cfg).
>
> I started "ser-0.8.1.pre29-1" with ipv6 command line (-l ipv6_address ).
> and send register message from ipv6 sip client.
>
> I received a following SIP error message from ser.
>
> I have two questions.
>
> (1)As for this error, is it fixed a bug already?

I don't know if this bug is fixed, but 2 others are (e.g. using ipv6
references in received).
Please try again with the latest stable (0.8.11rc3) or unstable cvs.
Also please start ser with maximum debug (debug=9) and if you get an
error send us also the ser log (it's better to start ser with
log_stderror=1 and redirect sdterror to a file: ser -f ser.cfg
2>/tmp/log).
We don't have an ipv6 UA so we generally tested only forwarding
between ipv4<->ipv6.

Andrei