[Serusers] Re: radius compile error

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul pelinescu-onciul at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Mon Aug 4 13:40:29 CEST 2003

On Aug 02, 2003 at 10:58, Madan <madan.r at net4india.net> wrote:
> now i m getting this error
> i have already installed radiusclient and library for which is in /usr/lib
> am not sure if radiusclient or libradiusclient are one of the same thing..
> please suggest me a way out

> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lradiusclient
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [auth_radius.so] Error 1

If you have libradius installed you don't have it in /usr/lib or
/usr/local/lib.

Try ls -l /usr/lib/libradiusclient.* ,
/sbin/ldconfig -p|grep radius ,
or find /usr -name "libradiusclient.*" -ls
If you find libradiusclient add the directory to the
modules/auth_radius/Makefile (-L/path/to_lib) and recompile.
Please send the lib. location and distribution/OS name to us so we can
update the Makefile.

Andrei