[Serusers] Does lookup("location") queries the database or the memory?

Nils Ohlmeier nils at iptel.org
Fri Aug 1 05:37:15 CEST 2003

Hi Klaus,

On Wednesday 30 July 2003 14:47, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Ok, so I will try another setup:
> 2 proxies, each of them interacts with a separate mysql database.
> Registrations will be replicated between the proxies using t_replicate.
> I have also seen a replication parameter in serweb when adding new
> contacts via the web interface and the FIFO. I found no documentation
> about it, but I guess this will also replicate the new contact to
> another sip proxy (don't know if its implemented yet).
>
> So, both proxies can be used for registration and normal proxy tasks.
> But how can a proxy catch up the lost REGISTER messages from the other
> proxy during a "down" period?
>
> I think, one possibility would be, that when the proxy/database is "up"
> again, the database begins to mirror the complete state from the other
> database, and only when this is finished, ser will be started again and
> reads the current user location from the database.
>
> Is there another, maybe simpler solution to this problem?

there will be a new module availble for our customers shortly which handles
the replication of registers much more intelligent.
It stores the missed Register from the "down" period and updates the recovered
server with informations which are required by this server to be up-to-date
again.

Regards
  Nils Ohlmeier