[Serusers] pstn connectivity

Nils Ohlmeier nils at iptel.org
Mon Apr 21 04:55:07 CEST 2003

Excuse my roughness but you problem description is somewhat like "i always
have to enter bu1d at yahoo.com into my email client instead of just bu1d.
what's wrong". (We are not the windows help desk here.)
Because most of the readers here are no gods, probably nobody can guess from
such a simple problem description whats wrong.

Do it like this:
"
My enviroment looks like this:

softphone ---- ser --- pstn-gw
 x.x.x.x     y.y.y.y   z.z.z.z

I want this and that...
This is working...
But that not... I verified with ngrep (see 1.8 at Dan's How-To if you really
read it) that the request are going from my softphone to ser, but then not
further to the pstn-gateway.
Please find attached my Ser configuration, the network dumps (taken with ngrep
or tcpdump) and the ser log file.
"

To your problem: because i (sadly) have no crystal ball i have to guess that
you configured the ser hosts as the outgoing proxy for your softphone. But
how should Ser know where to route a request if the host part is missing in
the request uri? You have to configure Ser appropriatly!
But without a crystall ball or your Ser configuration we can not magicly
create a configuration which fits your requirements. Guess what you should
send us :-)

Regards
  Nils Ohlmeier