[Serusers] SIP_DOMAIN and myself

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Wed Apr 16 17:26:43 CEST 2003

On 16-04 23:19, Dinesh wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am new to Linux as a whole so forgive be if some of this should be
> obvious
>
> 1.  I have set my domain in the cfg file but I have not set up the
> relevant DNS server entries and a reverse DNS on my IP will not yield
> the domain I have set.  I reference the SER using the IP in my SIP
> device is this OK.

  It should work. But I recommend you to use real domain that can be
  resolved using DNS.

> 2.  Does the above have any consequence  for "uri==myself"

   No, it will handle the IP address.

> 3.  Setting the Environment variable SIP DOMAIN - is this something I
> should be doing every time I use serctl or should I be putting it is a
> start up file somewhere.

  You can put it anywhere you want.

> 4.  Lastly what is digest authentication - and when would I need it.  (I
> have set up mysql and persistence)

  Digest authentication is an authentication mechanism that allows you
  to verify that a user knows his password and thus you can authorize
  him -- for example to access a PSTN gateway, make calls using your
  server and so on.

  Jan.