[Serusers] linux hang

Geetha Shree geethas at erivasystems.com
Wed Apr 16 12:58:14 CEST 2003

HI,

i am using redhat with kernel 2.4.18-3 and grub loader 0.91.

while using SIP server, to get a detailed error log i changed some options in serv.conf file as given by server user guide.
ser logs -- with default settings few logs are printed to syslog facility which typically dumps them to /var/log/messages. To enable detailed logs dumped to stderr, apply the following configuration options: debug=8, log_stderror=yes, fork=no.
but after i restarted my machine it is getting hanged at boot time as it tries to start ser: while booting up somewhere at the end of booting process. and stops there. probably waiting for some response and because of that stopped system from booting normally.

any idea why it is so .

regards,
Geetha

eRiva provides IT Solutions & Services to companies worldwide.
Our State of the Art Research & Development Centers provides
Innovative Solutions to global customers.