[Serusers] loose routing & M$ & Cisco

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Mon Apr 14 12:57:33 CEST 2003

FYI

We found some SIP widely used implementations don't like loose-routing
parameter (";lr") without any value (which is the currently documented
use of loose-routing) and break. We will probably introduce a workaround
option which will allow to use lr with value (e.g., ";lr=true").

In particular, we learned that Windows Messenger, rejects loose-record-routed
requests and replies with "400 BAD Request" to INVITES with ";lr" in it.

Cisco IOS strips all RR parameters without value away, including ";lr" from
Route header fields in subsequent requests.

-Jiri