[Serusers] Problem with Ser configuration

2 2 apna22 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 12 09:10:22 CEST 2003

Hi all,

I just installed MySql server on my linux box and
trying to start SER. I am geting an error message
while staring SER:

"connect_db(): Cann't connect to local MySQL server
through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)"

My MySql serevr is runing and I can connect to SER
database from my machine. However the socket is
created at /tmp/mysql.sock. Now my question is, from
where did SER pickup the socket path while starting ?
How can I change it to /tmp/mysql.sock ?

Any pointer is appreciated.
Thanks and Regards,
Santosh