[Serusers] SIP Scenario Tool

Alan Hawrylyshen alan at jasomi.com
Thu Apr 10 19:14:45 CEST 2003

Klaus Darilion wrote:

[snip]

> Hello!
>
> How do you capture from different networks? Is it possible to input
> several dump-files into the tool, one captured at the caller site and
> one captured at the callee site?
>
> regards,
> Klaus

In theory you can use mergecap (part of ethereal) to merge captures from
different networks.  In practise this is difficult b/c you are likely
missing a common timebase to determine the correct relative ordering.

Locally to sniff on N networks, I put N extra network adaptor cards in
my desktop machine and do NOT configure the IP level interface.  Using
them strictly as monitoring interfaces, this ''multihomed'' machine can
sniff all N networks at the same time, solving the time-base problem.

HTH,

Alan Hawrylyshen
Jasomi Networks Inc.

--
Got a SIMPLE implementation, come to the 1st SIMPLE interop! (SIMPLEt)
http://simplet.jasomi.com/  -- Registration closes April 15, 2003.