[Serusers] str2ip: WARNING: unexpected char

Daniel-Constantin MIERLA mierla at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Thu Apr 10 15:42:28 CEST 2003

Hello,
could you send the dump with some Jabber messages between Jabber server
and SER (ngrep on port 5222, use "-d lo" if both servers are on the same
machine). Also it would be useful to know the "jdomain" and "aliases"
parameters of the jabber module as well as the domain name your SER
serves. Other useful information: what version of ser you use and the
association between sip address and jabber id for the case referred.

The error occurs because the domain name "sip.storstark" can not be
resolved by DNS. It is either an error of your system configuration or
it is the address translation inside Jabber module which behaves not
properly. The second is less probable since each connection to Jabber
server is associated with a sip address and when a message from Jabber
side arrives it is send to that sip address. The connection to Jabber
server is opened when the user having that sip address send a message to
a Jabber user.

Best regards,
Daniel