[Serusers] more problems with cisco ios sip

Michael Haberler mah at eunet.at
Tue Apr 8 10:16:30 CEST 2003

I would want Cisco to add the Globalipsound (ilbc) codec to their ASes.
we're looking for alternatives until this is done.

The Internet Foundation Austria (which I chair) will likely fund asterisk
to include the freeware ilbc codec into the Asterisk IP PBX. We're also
funding them to include ENUM lookup in the call processing.

At $1600 per 4 PRI ports card, and a Linux PC around it to power it, this
cant be beaten - and it does have a SIP UA (and a server, unsure about this
- documentation is fuzzy, gotta read the code). I'm unsure how scalable the
thing is; however, at this stage I dont care - yet. And having the SIP code
in source at this stage is also very valuable.

this might not be the times for off-the-shelf gateways yet

-Michael