[Serusers] ser crash after 8 hours test

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul pelinescu-onciul at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Fri Apr 4 14:05:42 CEST 2003

On Apr 03, 2003 at 09:52, alan chen <jp_chen at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ser crashed after 8 hours testing. Here is the test
> case.
>
> ser version: 0.8.10 src, mysql 4.0, linux 7.2
>
> Two UAC send register msg every 15 min and send OPTION
> msg every 10 seconds (I need the OPTION for some
> reasons) to ser.
>
> Attached is the partial log file, please give some
> hints.

First of all it seems that some of the messages you send contain some
bad headers (but this should not crash ser).

Unfortunately I cannot tell why ser crashed. Probably a call to
parse_headers without all the error checking.
Could you:
 - send the config file used
 - recompile ser with make mode=debug     ...
 - send us tar.gz/bz2 with ser, the ser sources and the core file
 (to get a coredump start ser with -w writable_directory and
  make sure your limits allow writing core file: ulimit -c unlimited
  should do it). Use serhelp at lists.iptel.org for this or put the tar on a
  ftp/web server accesible from us.

Thanks,
Andrei